Programme of Events | Membership | Publications | Editorial Board | Officers | Library |  Medieval Graffiti Survey  
Hampshire Field Club logo
Hampshire Field Club & Archaeological Society
Registered Charity number 243773     Homepage | Archaeology | Historic Buildings  |  Hampshire Papers  | Landscape | Local History   
" "

St John's Church, Farley Chamberlayne

The church of St John is in an isolated position on chalk downland with extensive views. The church consists of nave, chancel and bell-turret. The chancel and nave date from 1130-60, although the windows and other details are later.

Photographs, taken by members of the Medieval Graffiti Survey, are shown below.

Each image is linked to a larger version; to see the larger version it may be necessary to allow 'pop-ups'.

Exterior of church   Date on the door   Architectural markings   A cross
The south side of the church   A date inscribed on the door   Architectural markings   A single cross
Crosses and an arrow   Crosses   Scratch dial    
Multiple crosses and an arrow   Multiple examples of crosses   A Scratch or Mass Dial